Demystifying the Body Wrap
The Maryborough Spa February offer of the month is for a 55 minute ESPA body wrap.
We have found that a number of people are a bit apprehensive about having a wrap as they’re just not sure of what it entails. Or they don’t understand the purpose behind it and are more comfortable with a massage or facial. Or they associate it with a weight loss gimmick.
We want to take this opportunity to explain why our ESPA body wrap is a fabulous option for a treatment session and can provide huge benefits when added as an alternative to your typical treatment lineup.
Why would I consider getting an ESPA body wrap?
Depending on the wrap ingredients used, combined with different body oils, there are a wide variety of benefits. Wraps can help with detoxification, exfoliation, skin hydration, muscle relaxation, jet lag, and even weight loss to a degree.
There are three different types of wrap ingredients. Marine Mud aids with aching muscles, acne, dry skin, and stiff joints. It can be quite calming and relaxing, as well as hydrating. Algae is great for detoxifying and flushing the system and helps with boating, IBS, cleansing, and can increase energy. Oshadi, an ESPA specific blend, is deeply warming and rejuvenating; therefore, it helps with poor circulation, muscle aches and pains, and stress relief.
The choice of ingredient is then combined with a body oil to best accomplish your preferred treatment outcome. The following oils are used: Detoxifying, Energising, Fitness, Resistance, Restorative, Soothing, and Nourishing.
Don’t worry, our highly qualified therapists will walk you through the decision process and determine which wrap best suites your needs. They’ll simply ask you what you hope to get out of the treatment and develop a plan from there. They also conduct a short consultation at the start of every treatment and do a sensory test to see which oil is best suited to the outcome you want for your treatment. Trust in their knowledge and allow them to guide you.
So with the different combinations, what types of wraps do you offer?
Well, we have a set selection for you to choose from, but the flexibility allows for further mixing and matching to your specific desired outcomes.
The following are descriptions of the top options:
- ESPA Detoxifier: helps improve circulation, speeding up the elimination of toxins and excess fluid, and helps improve the appearance of the skin, minimising the dimpled appearance of cellulite.
- ESPA Muscle Relaxer: soothing and warming, and eases tension and tightness in the muscles, helping to ease mobility and reduce aches and pains. If your muscles are really tight, the warmth from the wrap will get between the muscles and penetrate more deeply than a massage and is more comfortable than the pressure needed to relieve extreme tightness. Particularly beneficial after a high-intensity workout, such as a marathon.
- ESPA Stress Reliever: comfort, warmth and a tension relieving wrap to restore equilibrium, peace of mind and bring deep relaxation to body and spirit. The perfect evening treatment to sooth and zone the body down for a relaxing night’s sleep.
- ESPA Energy Booster: systemic cleansing of Marine Algae combines perfectly with the refreshing, uplifting blends of essential oil to re-establish a sense of well-being and inspired energy.
What’s the actual process of the treatment?
While many Spas have the therapists leave while the client is wrapped, our therapists will be in the room with you for the duration of the treatment. So let’s walk through a typical wrap treatment in Maryborough’s ESPA Spa.
- A body brush is used to begin preparing your skin for the treatment. The skin brush improves tone and helps boost cell renewal for smoother skin.
- Exfoliating Body Polish, which has spearmint for a cooling effect, is applied over the body to exfoliate, push circulation, and make the skin feel soft.
- The wrap mixture is then applied, consisting of the ingredient and oil best suited to the outcome you chose in the consultation with your therapist.
- You are wrapped in a plastic sheet and then a heated blanket. Both are wrapped in the centre so you feel warm and cozy but also have the ability to easily get out if needed.
- You remain in the wrap as you want the body to sweat, opening your pores so the product can get in and the toxins are flushed out.
- The therapist will give you a head massage while you are in the wrap, using Pink Hair and Scalp Mud, one of ESPA’s most popular products. This will intensely nourish, sooth and revitalise, leaving hair soft and glossy.
- The therapist will bring you to the shower, within the treatment room, to remove the wrap.
- A moisturiser is provided for you to apply after your shower.
What if I’m claustrophobic?
You may have heard that if you’re claustrophobic, you shouldn’t get a wrap. While it may not be the treatment for you, there are different options we can take. Don’t rule the treatment out automatically. Let us know, and we can take different steps to make you more comfortable. Remember, our therapists are in the room with you the whole time.
As with all treatments, please inform your therapist of any medical conditions you may have as this may direct the type of wrap you should receive.
I’m thinking of trying an ESPA wrap treatment, what now?
Try something different! Take advantage of our February Treatment of the Month offer for â‚¬89. Your body will thank you. Along with your choice of ESPA body wrap, you will also get complimentary use of the thermal and relaxation suites, and tea/coffee and homemade muffin served in the Tea Pavilion post treatment.
Want more information or still have a few questions? Contact the Spa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 4918 350.